Creative And Fun Journal Writing Prompts For Teens
These journal prompts for teens are a great way to capture your thoughts and express yourself in a safe space through free writing!
A guided journal is a great tool that has a huge positive impact on young people.
But sometimes, when you’re faced with a blank page, it can be hard to find the inspiration for a journal entry that really means something to you.
We’ve got you covered…
Just one of these fun journal prompts could be the first step to open up a stream of consciousness that sets you off writing for hours!
In this post, we’ve put together a list of 175 Journal prompts for you to use, so you can start your self discovery journey of personal development today!
Thoughtful Journal Prompts
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do other people like about you?
- Name 3 qualities that make you unique.
- What is the best festival or concert you have been to?
- List 3 things that people don’t know about you.
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could pick anywhere, where would you go on your next summer vacation?
- What has been your favorite holiday and why?
- Where is one of your favorite places?
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- Which is your favorite computer game?
- What are the most important things you need to have a healthy relationship with your partner?
- How do Instagram filters create a negative impact?
- If you can change one thing about your life, what would you change and why?
- What are your strongest subjects at school?
- Do you think it’s possible for anyone to be perfect?
- What would your dream house look like?
- What would your perfect bedroom look like?
- How would you rate your communication skills from 1-5, if 5 was the best?
- What do you enjoy most about your daily routine?
- Have you ever stood up for your friend?
- What is your least favorite season of the year?
- Has a friend ever stood up for you?
- What is the biggest thing you have ever bought?
- Have you ever challenged a bully?
- What is your favorite board/card game?
- Have you ever witnessed racism? How did it make you feel?
- What do you like most about your best friend?
- Do you think it’s important to speak up against something you see as wrong?
- What worries you the most?
- What are your 3 main priorities in life?
- Name your biggest weakness?
- What is your biggest strength?
- Write a kind letter to your future self.
- Write about your favorite childhood memory?
- What is your funniest childhood memory?
- Do you have any fears about leaving high school?
- If you could only keep 3 things in your life, what will you keep?
- How would you introduce yourself to a stranger?
- What is your favorite food?
- How would your family describe you?
- What was the best holiday you’ve ever had? Where was it and who were you with?
- What positive things has staying at home during lockdown taught you?
- What’s the hardest thing about studying online?
- Which new skill would you like to learn?
- Write what your life will look like in 2040.
- Do you have any regrets? If so, write about your biggest regret so far?
- Describe a time you were misunderstood by your friends. What was it about? Did you tell them?
- What do you like most about your bedroom?
- How do you feel about going to college?
- What do you notice about someone, when you meet them for the first time?
- Write about what a perfect day look like to you?
9 Journal Prompts For Teens About Giving
- What changes could you make each day to help slow climate change?
- If you could give $1,000,000 to a charity, which one would you give it to?
- What is the one World problem that needs solving immediately?
- Write about the most damaging things that humans do to our own planet.
- What could you do to help someone at school tomorrow?
- List the most important issues facing teenagers of your age today?
- How would you like the world to be for the next generation of young children?
- What could grown-ups do differently to help climate change?
- Is there anything you could do to make your parents’ life a little easier?
19 Fun Journal Prompts For Teens
- If you had to spend a whole year with someone on a desert island, who would you take with you?
- If you could only take 5 things to the island for the year, what would they be?
- If you had to live with a celebrity, who would it be?
- If you could only eat 1 food for the rest of the year, what would you eat?
- What would be your perfect pet?
- If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do?
- If you could fly where would you go?
- If you could choose any superpower, what would you choose?
- What would you do with your new power?
- If you can meet a famous actor, who would you like to meet? What would you talk to them about?
- If you’re told the world would end in 48 hours, what would you do with that time?
- Create a list of things you would like to do before you turn 20.
- Create a list of things you would like to do before you turn 30.
- If you can have a genie that would make dreams come true what are the three things you would wish for?
- If there is an outfit you have to wear for the rest of your life, what would you wear?
- What is one household chore that you should never have to do?
- If you could speak another language, what would you like to be fluent at?
- If you can change your name, what would you call yourself?
- Who was your childhood hero?
33 Thought Provoking Journal Prompts For Teens
- What is your favorite social media network?
- What is your least favorite social media network?
- Write down 3 things your parents don’t know about social media?
- What is one of the best ways you could support your mental health?
- How would your life be better if social media didn’t exist?
- What is the best thing about social media?
- What is the worst thing about social media?
- What does the term ‘personal growth’ mean to you?
- Would you ever delete all of your social media?
- If you could change 1 thing about the internet, what would you change?
- How would your life be better if the internet didn’t exist?
- How would your life be worse if the internet didn’t exist?
- Which inventor do you admire the most and why?
- Are you addicted to social media?
- How helpful was social media during the pandemic?
- If you could be a famous influencer, what would you like to be known for?
- What would you like to do after your graduation?
- List your main 3 goals for the next 12 months.
- What and who do you think you will miss most, when you graduate from high school?
- If you could give a piece of advice to your younger self what advice would you give?
- What is the hardest part about being a teenager?
- What is the best thing about being a teenager?
- Who in your family do you admire the most and why?
- What do you like most about your friends?
- Who has always influenced you to be a better person?
- What are some of the things you would like to improve about yourself?
- How could you take steps to start making those improvements?
- What do teenagers expect from their parents?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your dream job?
- How can you take steps towards your dream job?
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned in your life?
- What have you learnt about yourself in the last 12 months?
9 Creative Writing Journal Prompts For Teens
- What is the best ever invention made?
- If you wrote a book, what would the book be about?
- If there was life on another planet what do you think it would look like?
- What are your 3 favorite inspirational quotes?
- If you could invent your own random word, what would it be?
- What is the hardest thing you had to do recently? Physically or mentally.
- Describe a time where you have to make a very tough decision. What was the outcome?
- Write about the time where you felt let down by your friend.
- How does keeping a Journal improve your writing skills?
20 Gratitude Journal Prompts For Teens
- Name 3 people you are thankful for.
- Write a letter to your parents, including things you are grateful about.
- Write down 3 good things that happened to you this week.
- Write about a kind act someone did for you.
- Which teacher inspires you the most? Why?
- Write a short poem about your school.
- Write down the funniest joke you have ever heard.
- What does ‘closed mindset’ mean to you?
- Write down your biggest achievement.
- If you were the main character in a movie, which famous actor would play you?
- Which characteristics make a good friend?
- When was the last time your parents were upset with you? Was it your fault?
- What is your greatest talent?
- What 3 things are you really good at?
11 Fun Journal Prompts For Teens
- Invent a new food. What is it made of? How does it taste?
- If you had a time machine and could travel to any time in the future, where/when would you go?
- If you could travel to any time in the past, where/when would you go?
- If you could own any theme park, which one would you own?
- What new ride would you build at your own theme park?
- What would be your favorite subject to teach at school?
- If you’re given the chance to run your school for a day, what would you change at the school?
- If you could choose 1 person to help you run the school, who would it be?
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
- If you had a music group, what would you call it?
- If you had a never ending supply of money, how would you spend it?
22 Mental Well-Being Journal Prompts
- What type of self-care activities do you practice?
- What activities do you like to do to relax?
- Which bad habits would you like to stop doing?
- What steps could you take to do them less?
- Can you go a whole day without saying anything negative? About you or anyone else!
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- When you’re feeling stressed, what 3 things can help make you feel more relaxed?
- What do you do for fun on the weekends?
- What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?
- What songs do you like to listen to?
- What are your 2 favorite songs?
- What movies make you feel relaxed?
- Is there any new exercise you would like to try this year?
- What is an important promise you would like to make yourself whenever faced with a difficult situation?
- What is your morning routine like?
- What is your night routine like?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What are some of the things you need to stop wasting time on?
- What are some of the things you need to start doing to feel better?
- What are some negative thoughts you need to stop saying to yourself?
- Create a list of morning affirmations you would say to yourself before you go to school.
- Write down the names of people who are always there for you when you are feeling low.
Journal Prompts For Teens - The Bottom Line
So if you haven’t got much time to do your own research for journal topics, or you struggle with some writer’s block, you can bookmark these journal prompts for teens next time, as a great place to start!
It’s easy to see why Journal writing is one of our favorite things!
It’s such a great activity and fun way for young people to find some freedom and capture thoughts and feelings on paper. It doesn’t matter if you’d like to write about your favorite tv show, a family member or the most important thing on your mind that day.
Powerful Quotes That Show How Much You Care There is no better feeling in the world than knowing someone will stand by your side, no
The No Contact Rule And Contacting Your Ex Explained! If you have split up with your partner and are wondering what to text your ex
French -The Most Powerful Love Language Of All Time! When it comes to la langue de l’amour, (the language of love), there is no better